Monday, January 20, 2014

"Night Gleam"

Over and over thru the dull material world the call is made
over and over thru the dull material world I make the call
O English folk, in Sussex night, thru black beech tree branches
the full moon shone at three AM, I stood in under wear on
the lawn --
I saw a mustached English man I loved, with athlete's breast
and farmer's arms,
I lay in bed that night many loves beating in my heart
sleepless hearing songs of generations electric returning in-
telligent memory
to my frame, and so went to dwell again in my heart
and worship the Lovers there, love's teachers, youths and 
poets that live forever
in the secret heart, in the dark night, in the full moon, year
after year
over & over thru the dull material world the call is made.


16 July 1973

from Mind Breaths, by Allen Ginsberg



No comments:

Post a Comment